CodeCamp For Adults
We want to teach adults about technology. We current;y have a WordPress course available and are putting courses together for adults wanting to learn to code and invent. Enter your details below to register your interest!
One-Day Workshop $99
Build Your Own Website with WordPress
I’ve been asked quite a bit from parents who want to learn more about building websites and if we do CodeCamp for adults.
So we’ve decided to test the interest!
We will run a full day workshop in groups of 10, We can also do private tutoring.
WordPress is a free software, this means you are free to download, install, use and modify it. You can use it to create any kind of website. It is also open source which means the source code of the software is available for any one to study, modify and play with.
You can do almost anything with WordPress here are just a view things you can create:
- Blogging Site
- Membership Site
- Shopping Site
It is incredibly easy to learn and use.
What you’ll learn
- How to register a domain name
- How to install WordPress on your hosting account ( We can provide this service)
- How to choose a theme to work with.
- How to set up your WordPress theme
- How to set up pages, posts and comments
- An intro to Bootstrap CSS to further style & customise WordPress
- How to install WordPress plugins to extend the capabilities of your site.
- How to set up a blog or recent news category
- How to create images for your site and manage your media centre (images, videos, audios)
- How to link to other sites and internal pages and posts on your own.
- How to manage categories and tags
- How to build smart forms
- Set up and optimise your social accounts
- How to optimise your site for Google & an intro to Search Engine Optimisation
Perfect for those who just want to build or extend a website, learn more about tech, start a blog or shopping site.
Even If you already have a site, we’d love to help you extend it.
Register your interest here: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Peter or Rebecca on 04 470 7880
We’ll keep you posted on progress!
The course will be a full day from 9.00am until 5pm