An Introductory Start-Up Course
For The Young Entrepreneur
Designed for passionate young tech students as a kickstart to bootstrapping a startup with 21st Century Skills!
Entrepreneurship Education teaches students an array of different skillsets like problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, design skills, negotiating, marketing, resilience, financial responsibility, systems & process thinking just to name a few.
Kids have great ideas that solve real world problems and they now have low-code, low-cost tech tools to put together solutions. Our students have so much fun coming up with their own business names and logos. They love getting down and dirty with their tasks set by the team leaders. Going out into the community to chat with local residents is great way to build confidence when talking to people.
Our North Island Primary & Secondary School Finalists visiting the Xero Offices to receive their awards for providing a solution to solving a community problem. We focussed on mental health & our predator free target.
Entrepreneurship & Start Up Success Course
Primary & Intermediate School Students
Will spend four full action-packed fun days learning all about business and what it takes to get an idea off the ground.
Students have fun brainstorming real-world ideas, validating by talking to consumers, refining and building their solutions to pitch to stakeholders at the end of the week.
Our Start Up Course for primary & intermediate students is designed to introduce them to the concepts of what it takes to generate an idea that solves a real world problem and get it to market.
… and is implemented through a process of principals & disciplines in which we teach our students throughout the week :
- Introduction to business, professionalism & entrepreneurial mindset
- Team work & Collaboration & Planning
- Idea Generation & Extraction – An intro to idea generation, wire-framing & prototyping
- Prototyping with low-code or advanced code apps, electronics & 3D Design software
- Risk & Skill Assessment, Market Research, Budgeting.
- Lean Start Up Principal & Bootstrapping
- MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- Beta Testing, Feedback Loop & Iteration, Usability Testing
- Agile/Scrum Development
- Thinking like a media company – Intro to WordPress & Video Creation
- Brand Design & Development – Starts at the concept stage
- Introduction to Marketing & Sales
- Pitching Your Solution To Stakeholders
Growth Hacking Course
Continue your learning if you’ve completed the Start Up course.
Growth Hacking is the component designed to grow your market after the beta phase.
We teach students to think like media companies. Students have access to all of the technology that media companies do at very low cost. Growth Hacking a start up can be done with a computer and a smart phone.
- Intro to Digital Smarketing ( Sales & Marketing ) & Persuasive Writing.
- Creating personas
- Designing & optimising your customer life-cycle
- Setting up your hub (Your website – front & backend ) Learn WordPress & HTML/CSS
- Creating your media mix & channels
- Content Creation – Creating educational & meaningful content for those channels through a ‘teaching sells’ concept.
- Customer Development – Building & Managing your audience
- Setting up a digital sales funnel & marketing automation
- Search Optimisation ( SEO ) & Social Media Marketing
- Conversion Optimisation
- Strategic Partnerships, Networking & Support
- Building your (BNS) business nervous system ( Designing Internal Systems & Processes)
- Finances & Operating Metrics ( Monitoring the pulse of your BNS )
We’ll be inviting successful tech start-up entrepreneurs to help support our cause to enable kids to problem solve, create & believe they can build anything they want.
We put you in your own age group. Yrs 3-4, 5-6, 7-8
– 17th – 20th December 2018 (Wellington & Auckland)
– 7th-10th January 2019 – Wellington Only
– 14th-17th January 2019 – Wellington Only
– 22nd-25th January 2019 (Wellington & Auckland)
Primary/Intermediate Students – 9am – 3pm (special request for early & late pickup)
Students must bring their own computers & mobile phones ( Phones not compulsory )
Instructors & Coaches
We have an instructor/coach to student ratio of 1:8
Primary & Intermediate School Students 4 Day Course – $395
Early Bird Special (Book & Pay before November 30th for December session OR before December 21st for January session): Save %15
Limited Spots Available
Wellington: Marsden, Karori, Thorndon School, The Settlement Petone & Porirua
Auckland: BizDojo Parnell & Takapuna